[Zope] zope and PYTHONPATH

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Sep 21 13:11:20 EDT 2004

Kalyan Jammigumpula wrote at 2004-9-20 13:40 -0500:
> From what I read on zope.org mailing list (keywork PYTHONPATH),
>somebody had said to look at the pathnames in sys.path and compare them.
>When I print sys.path in zopectl.py, I see all the pathnames I need.
>However, by the time zope imports my half-baked product, the pathnames I
>need and I set using PYTHONPATH are not there anymore. That to me was a
>little odd. I really appreciate your help regarding this. Thank you very
>much. It has helped me understand ImportErrors a little better.

A misfeature of the startup/configuration setup:

  Unfortunately, you must modify "PYTHONPATH" both in "zopectl"
  as well as in "runzope".

  Depending on how you start Zope (which "action" you use for "zopectl"),
  the definition in "zopectl" or "runzope" is effective.

Maybe, you consider to file a bug report (as affairs could be improved).

--
Dieter