[Zope] Epoz from within ZMI only

mark hellewell mark.hellewell at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 17:23:43 EDT 2004

Hello,

I've only been using Zope for a few weeks, so I eventually
hope to look back on my following questions with an affection
usually reserved for patient owners of their slow-to-learn dogs.

I need to provide content editors with some means of editing
HTML-containing File objects from within the ZMI, but using Epoz.
So from the management interface I would like to see an
additional tab for the File object that, when clicked, shows the
contents of the File object within the Epoz editing interface. Am
I right in my hunch that I'd have to create some kind of Object
that extends File in some way? Am I even on the right path? I
really don't know how to start tackling this.

I'm developing the website in straight Zope/ZPT/Python. I
started down the Plone path with this but eventually decided
that the design of the site didn't lend itself well to what I see
as Plone's strengths. It seemed like overkill.

If anyone could outline how something like this should work
and point me in the right direction your assistance would be gratefully
received!

Thanks for your help,
mark