[Zope] Mysterious Zope Run-time Error

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Thu Sep 23 09:04:16 EDT 2004

I have a variable called 'currentSessionError' that I have placed in the
SESSION attribute of the REQUEST object. I am having a problem making the
value of this variable persist when I run Zope with SSL. In particular,
the value of this variable does not persist when I access a form(i.e. DTML
document) from a second form via a standard hypertext link. The value of
this variable clearly exists when the second form is being processed but
upon accessing the link, the value of this variable is reset to None. I
have ascertained this by using
<dtml-var "REQUEST.SESSION.get('currentSessionError')">
in both forms.

This is the only SESSION variable whose value does not persist when I run
Zope with SSL. I have numerous other variables in the SESSION that work as
expected. Also, when I run Zope without SSL, the value of this variable
persists between the two forms. Has anyone come across a similar
problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Asad