[Zope] Zope and clients - debug info

kepes.krisztian kepes.krisztian at peto.hu
Fri Sep 24 04:36:27 EDT 2004

Hi !

My question is that:
I have a zope site. It ins intra, but in the future we want to publish
in internet.
For make the development more simple ("simpler" ?), I check the REMOTE_ADDR.
If it is a special intra address (exm: 192.168.3.8), or it is localhost,
the I show special elements (request datas, and in std_err_msg I show
the traceback).

These informations are hot infos (the traceback is show the object's
real position !).

So I don't want to publish to anybody, only to me.

(Because my home machine is not in network, I must use the localhost,
when I working at home).

But: I think, that is possible to anybody, who have a redirector
utility, or iptables, to map his localhost to my server.
(Redirect it: iptables 127.0.0.1:80->http://myserverinnet).

It is possible ?
If it is happened, how the REMOTE_ADDR filled by zope ?

I afraid to when it is happened, and REMOTE_ADDR is showed as localhost
Then my site is thinking about client that he is developer, and show the
hot debug infos.

Please help me in this.

Thanx for it:
 kk