[Zope] Flash intro

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sun Sep 26 13:21:03 EDT 2004

Hi,

Am So, den 26.09.2004 schrieb John Poltorak um 13:01:
> Do I need to do anything within Zope to enable a Flash intro to display?
>
> The intro does come up OK when I use the full URL eg
>
> http://mysite:8080/myflashsite
>
> but when redirected through Apache to http://myflashsite/ it will not
> load. The title of the page shows which indicates the page has been found
> but it stops without loading the flash page.
>
> Could this a problem in the Apache redirection?

redirection? You would use proxy and rewrite and
usually not redirect.

If your flash does not load, check the mime-type
and path of resources your flash might want to
load (if its modular but you should know)

> And before anyone suggests that I shouldn't use flash, it isn't my
> decision and I can't do anything about it.

Flash intros are extremly unpopular. Most people including
me hate them :-) (As well as other useless intro pages :-)
But I know how idiotic customers can be when it comes to
their wishes :)
All I can say is flash has no problem with zope and
vice versa. :-)

Regards
Tino