[Zope] webdav / IE

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 27 10:07:03 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> writes:

    Chris> Chris/John: Have a read of this:
    Chris> http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1441

    Chris> ...particularly Entry #3.

My take on this entry was to try commenting out the following headers
(using 2.7.2)

    [zope at crcdocs webdav]$ grep -i setheader *.py |grep -i dav
    Collection.py:        #response.setHeader('MS-Author-Via', 'DAV')
    Resource.py:        #response.setHeader('MS-Author-Via', 'DAV')
    Resource.py:        #RESPONSE.setHeader('DAV', '1,2', 1)

Did this, restarted zope, still get the pesky dialog box with this in
the error log

    URL	'http://crcdocs2.bsd.uchicago.edu:8080/test/research_plan.doc/index_html'
    HTTP_USER_AGENT	'Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider DAV'

I also tried with and without the etag header.

    Chris> You may even want to give 2.7.3b1 a go.

Tried it, no help.  I noticed that all these headers were commented
out by default in 2.7.3.  The authentication dialog pops up even if
the File object has anonymous view and access contents info

  IE 6.0.2800
  Word 2000
  Windows XP

    Chris> If that fails, don't worry, I have some other ideas...

Fire away!

JDH