[Zope] general API question

David Evans dsevans at berndtgroup.net
Mon Sep 27 17:14:47 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 13:24, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> David Evans wrote at 2004-9-26 15:57 -0400:
> >is there a more complete API reference available, and if not how can
> >contribute to the update of the curent API to a more complete status?
>
> You can ask Zope to show you (most of) the request attributes.
>
> In "ZPT" it looks like:

> in DTML is it:
>
>    <dtml-var REQUEST>

Thanks, thats definately helpful. However, i was really looking for
something more formal.  A listing of all methods and attributes of the
class and the parameters and return types of the methods. I found
something close at:
http://ingo.fargonauten.de/epydoc/

but the ZPublisherHTTPRequest class listed does not list the "form",
"cookies" or "other" attribute. I looked in the zope directory on my
server and found:
lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py

this seems to be the class printed by:

so maybe the answer to my question is "read the f-in source code" :)

dave