[Zope] How to handle ZODB conflict errors

aa bb haberkornj at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 08:43:16 EDT 2004

Dear Zopistas,
I´m using Zope 2.7.0 with installed product ZMS (Content Management
from Germany) for our Intranet. Data.fs ist about 117MB, mostly
text objects, some pdf. Machine is P4 2,6GHZ, 512MB, Win2000.

Sometimes there is considerable delay on delete or save actions,
usually corresponding to event.log entries such as:

2004-09-28T10:34:35 INFO(0) ZODB conflict error
at /Intranet/content/e14/index_ger.html (8 conflicts since startup)
or
2004-09-28T09:32:33 ERROR(200) Catalog uncatalogObject unsuccessfully
attempted to uncatalog an object with a uid of /Intranet/content/...

Rebuilding the catalog didn´t help as did ZEXPorting the whole to a
fresh data.fs. Fsrecover.py did not find any problems.

I unsuccessfully tried to find explanations what the first error
exactly means. The error_log in the Root directory doesn´t give me
clues.

Who can tell me what ZODB conflict error exactly means and how it is produced? (web documentation seems to assume everybody knows)
Is the problem necessarily caused by the product?
Does anybody have a suggestion how to further tackle this?

I hope those questions are not too stupid...

Best regards,
Jan Haberkorn