[Zope] bci.NotAvailable

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Wed Sep 29 16:15:57 EDT 2004

Hi,

Am Mi, den 29.09.2004 schrieb Arenz, Ralph um 21:49:
> hello,
>
> i'am using ZPublisher.Client within a Product to call
> zope-methods(DTML-methods). For a long time that works well, but for
> a couple of days it doesn't. It seems that the target-url ist called
> correctly but sometimes i get an error in the log-file:
>
>   error-type:bci.NotAvailable
>   error-value:Recv timed out(File:[called url] Line:[])
>
> How can i fetch more information about the error which cause Client.py
> to throw bci.NotAvailable?
> (calling the target-url directly from a browser works well)

What more information do you expect? The exception tells:
Recv timed out. Recv is obviously a short form of
Receive - so the answer from server did not complete.

If you need even more information I'd suggest using
a sniffer tool like shanes tcpwatch or tcpflow to
see whats going on at the wire.

HTH
Tino