[Zope] Does anyone care whether we deprecate ZClasses?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Apr 1 10:44:11 EST 2005

Jake wrote:
> As someone who has at least 5 different products using ZClasses across 10
> different websites with millions of hits a month, I am certainly not happy
> to see them go, but I do understand that their time has come.
>
> If they are supported in 2.8 -> 2.9 and gone in 3.0 I guess that is ok.

If we deprecated them now, they would be gone in 2.10 (not to be
confused with 3.0) too.

> Again, it is going to take me and others a lot of work to migrate out our
> data from those products into other vehicles but such is progress.

A decision hasn't been made.  People who don't use them feel strongly
that they should go.  I'm trying to get a sense of how widely they are
used.  I'm trying to understand if people who use ZClasses are a silent
majority, minority, or small minority.

Jim