[Zope] Problem with Z Psycopg

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Mon Apr 4 23:15:47 EDT 2005

Jason Leach wrote:
> I'm having a problem with Z Psycopg.  From time to time (quite often)
> it looses the connection with the database and I get:
>    Site Error
>    An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>    Error Type: OperationalError
>    Error Value: no connection to the server
>
> Then I have to login then close and open the connection.  It then
> works for a while before bailing again.
>
> Does anyone know what would be causing this?
>
> Zope Version (Zope 2.7.3-0, python 2.3.4, linux2)
> Python Version 2.3.4 (#1, Oct 13 2004, 21:44:19) [GCC 2.95.4 20011002
> (Debian prerelease)]
> And ZPsycopg is version 1.11

Not sure, but I can report seeing the same thing on a different setup

	FreeBSD 4.8
	Zope 2.7.5
	Python 2.3.5
	psycopg 1.1.18 (linked to PostgreSQL 8.0.1 client library)

	(PostgreSQL server is also 8.0.1, but on FreeBSD 5.2.1)

On the very same machine I also have

	Zope 2.6.1
	Python 2.1.3
	psysopg 1.0.6 (linked to an older PostgreSQL 7.2 client library)

running simultaneously, connecting to the very same DBs, but it hasn't
had the same connection problems.

I was wondering if it might be something with psycopg and the new pgsql
8.0.1 library.  What pgsql client lib is you psycopg linked to?

	Barry