[Zope] FW: [newbie] Testing An External Method Object

Pier Paolo pierpaolo.franco at francodrwalter.191.it
Fri Apr 8 09:06:53 EDT 2005

From: Pier Paolo [mailto:pierpaolo.franco at francodrwalter.191.it]
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 2:47 PM
To: 'zope at zope.org'
Subject: [newbie] Testing An External Method Object

Hi everyone! Great work, I'm overadmired.

I just finished
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/BasicObject.stx,
where I posed a question:

Anonymous User - Apr. 8, 2005 7:48 am:
 Zope 2.7.5-final:
 My external method was:
 #def animals_script_2(self, name="Pier Paolo"):
 #       id = self.id
 #       return 'Ciao! Sono %s dal %s: external method!' % (name, id)
 but (in this structure: /zoo/animals_scripts_2 (titles: Zope Zoo,
TheANIMall 2)) it returned:
   Ciao! Sono Pier Paolo dal (...OK) zoo (...!): external method!
 I tried a title = self.title in the ext script but the problem was the
same:
   Ciao! Sono Pier Paolo dal Zope Zoo
 ... So: Why my external script refer to his parent object??

 (sorry for my english and my python.)

I would like a response, or some links to learn how zope manage dependencies
(if that's the real problem, and I haven't made too much mistakes).

PS: I don't know if this is the right place to post a question on the Zope
Book, hope so.

Thanks, Pier Paolo.