[Zope] Persistent Objects

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:48:49 EDT 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 6:44 PM, Roy S. Rapoport <zope at ols.inorganic.org> wrote:
> Excellent.  It looks like persistence may not be an issue here, actually,
> since I think the persistence I want -- hang around for the life of the
> Zope server -- is built in anyway, right?

Yup, you would simply use the temp db for that.
But "for the life of the server" is rather unusual... What are the
objects you are doing, more specifically?

> So what's a decent source these days for 'how to write a product'
> documentation? The Zope Developers Guide is in 2.4.

It hasn't changed that much. Stay clear of ZClasses and DTML.

(Although, if you aren't planning to use any third-party products, you
might actually want to look into using Zope3 instead, which is way
cooler, but a tad more complicated to get started with).