[Zope] ExtFile Extention Mappings

Edward Pollard pollej at uleth.ca
Fri Apr 8 13:17:29 EDT 2005

In our quest to replace the not-quite-working External File product,
we're looking at ExtFile. However, when I upload files into an ExtFile,
file extensions on the file system are being changed. test1.txt becomes
test1.ksh, test2.doc becomes test2.dot. They have the correct ID's in
the ZMI, but on the file system they now have something quite new.

Our solution relies on accessing via the ZMI and the file system at the
same time, so the name being changed is somewhat inconvenient in its
unpredictability (and I think Apaches mime types will get nicely
screwed if we start bypassing Zope to get at them). I've done some
poking at the source code but don't see why ExtFile is doing this or
what logic it uses.

I bet someone out there knows.

---
Edward J. Pollard, B.Sc