[Zope] Composite Objects?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Apr 11 19:00:25 EDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 04:56:04PM -0400, Jeffrey E. Forcier wrote:

> Paul Winkler wrote:
>
> > (snip)
> >
> > I gather you want to be able to modify the scripts and such for
> > each copy, which argues against the usual solution of building a
> > Product.
>
> Actually, no--the only thing that would change per-instance would be
> the Formulator form and, of course, the underlying data. The logic, as
> scripted in the Python Scripts, would be the same for all instances.

In that case, I'd write a filesystem Product for the logic.
Replace the scripts with methods of the Product class.
Make it folderish so it can contain Forumator forms and anything
else you want: inherit from Folder and use its UI to manage
contents.

You could then use AbracadabraObject to clone instances of
this thing; or you could do it all in code and have a manage_afterAdd
method that adds a preconfigured Formulator form.
Source and/or docs of Formulator should give you a clue how
to instantiate one with the right config.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com