[Zope] developer docs

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Tue Apr 12 09:24:44 EDT 2005

--On Dienstag, 12. April 2005 15:02 Uhr +0200 Milos Prudek <prudek at bvx.cz>
wrote:

>  > Why is it out-dated? Most things are still valid. If not, point them
> out
>  > to be
>  > corrected or even better: help producing a never version of the ZDG.
>
> Hello Andreas,
>
> This kind of response is so common that it deserves a shortcut of its
> own. Such as RTFM. You essentially told me to f*k off. But I did not
> attack ZDG.

I never said that - neither directly nor between the lines.

> ZDG has some outdated parts. You admit that.

I haven't had the ZDG in my hands lately. But from that what  I have in
memory
most things are still true because the basic haven't changed. If yes, point
them out instead of make such comments.

>By following it, I will
> create incorrect code or use obsolete constructs. At least that is what
> reader comments say in ZDG. Well, I do not want to create obsolete
> constructs.

It is your good right to expect documentation but documentation has to be
written
and maintained. Means: someone has to volunteer and take over *some*
responsibilities.
Complaining about missing, out-dated docs or whatever is one side of the
medal, helping
to improve thing is the other side *wink*

And don't be pissed off when I try to point out that "the community" also
has to take over
some tasks instead of only having expectations.

-aj