[Zope] newbie:cookie expiry problem

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 06:47:24 EDT 2005

prabuddha ray wrote:
> This may be very silly plz help
> I gave this cookie expiry statement in a python script:
>
> RESPONSE.expireCookie('login')
>
> return context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect('index_html')
>
> but when i checked the cookie values in request page, it wasn't removed.
> the last redirect still worked.
>
> when i put an if like this :
> if (RESPONSE.expireCookie('login'))
>
> return context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect('index_html')
>
> redirect didn't work. where am i wrong?
> all the files are in same folder

I set a cookie to indicate a user is in Edit mode. The script that
unsets Edit mode looks like this:

RESPONSE.expireCookie('editMode', path='/')
RESPONSE.redirect(REQUEST.HTTP_REFERER)

Logout is different in my case because the cookie is set by
exUserFolder. I put this in the logout script:

context.acl_users.logout(context.REQUEST)

I have no idea (now) why it works.

HTH

Cliff

Nice short question!