[Zope] Re: ZEO and Sessions.

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Fri Apr 15 05:51:50 EDT 2005

Richard Jones wrote:

>>>ark!
>>>insufficient priveleges
>>
>>Works now !
>

> Well, it does *sometimes*. Whenever I make a new release though, the zope.org
> permissions seem to be screwey and end up giving people an error when they
> try to view the page!
>
> So I made two releases in quick succession today, and whoever manages zope.org
> did get those releases through publication quickly (though again, the page
> came up as an error in the mean time). Unfortunately, an erroneous release I
> made - which I did not mark for publication that I'm aware of, and had a
> meaningless ID - was also published. I've now marked it as retracted (there
> doesn't appear to be any way to *delete* a release), meaning the
> ZSQLSessionDataManager is again inaccessible by regular users. Sigh.

Hi Richard,
that is a very old problem with software releases - any 'private' file
inside the current release blocks the access to the release and only
folder_contents works for some roles. You can retract the file it is in
'private' state and you remove it from the folder yourself.
It takes some time for the caches to update too.

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org