[Zope] problems with *.zip and IE6 "behind" Apache

robert robert at redcor.ch
Mon Apr 18 00:27:36 EDT 2005

Hi there,

Internet Explorer can not open *.zip files served by Zope.
I use apache 2.49 and mod_deflate on Linux (Suse 9.1/2)

I use the following rule to supress compression:

 # Don't compress images, java scripts and style sheets
>  #_robert_ pdf, gz hinzugeuegt
>  SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \
>    \.(?:gif|jpe?g|png|js|css|pdf|gz|zip)$ no-gzip dont-vary

This helps for pdf but not for zip files.

The zip files load fine if I get ther directly from zope (by using a port number in the url)

thanks for any hints
Robert