[Zope] Tips in memory leaks esp with Catalogs?

Dylan Jay me at dylanjay.com
Wed Apr 20 11:08:15 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

I have an application that gains a large memory footprint very quickly, in
casual testing 100M in an hour or so. I have a largeish ZCatalog with extra
PathIndexes, using Plone, Archetypes and various other custom code. Using
LeakFinder I get lots of BTree stuff from ZCatalog queries. It looks like
it's being created legitimately but what's keeping the references to them
and how to go about finding out? In the java world I would use a memory
profiler to follow the reference chain till it went where it shouldn't. Is
there such a thing for python? If not how does one go about working out
whats keeping the memory?

BTrees.IOBTree.IOBucket  	18479  	4476
BTrees.OOBTree.OOBucket 	9587 	1992
BTrees.IIBTree.IISet 	5273 	1172
DateTime.DateTime.DateTime 	3725 	424
Acquisition.ImplicitAcquirerWrapper 	1231 	218
Products.PlacelessTranslationService.GettextMessageCatalog.GettextMessageCat
alog 	641 	212
AccessControl.User.User 	276 	196

Dylan Jay
Web Builder