[Zope] How to convert Zope instance charset?

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Apr 24 16:14:07 EDT 2005

--On Sonntag, 24. April 2005 21:31 Uhr +0200 Daniel Dekany
<ddekany at freemail.hu> wrote:

> Yeah, I tried to use that earlier, but as I said for many times here, it
> can't sort utf-8 encoded strings, despite that I have set the "global
> locale" to something.utf8, certainly because Python locale.strcoll
> can't.

If this method does not work as expected then this is likely a bug
or a problem of the underlying implementation in the C lib. locale.strcoll
is just a *thin* layer on top of the libc  of your operating system. Means:
Python just passed the data to the libc strcoll() method and returns the
result.
And again my hint: if you want to deal in a reasonable way with different
charsets:
use unicode strings.

-aj