[Zope] zope-2.8, i18n and global locales catalog

Sascha Ottolski sascha.ottolski at gallileus.de
Sun Apr 24 17:36:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

does anybody know if and how I could build a global locales catalog in
zope-2.8? I'm already through the i18n chapter in the zope-3 book, and think
to know how to set one up on a per product level. I made a locales dir in my
INSTANCE_HOME, but that doesn't seem to do the trick. However, I'm not sure
if I might need some zcml-magic to use the i18n stuff globally and/or in a
zope-2 product, and how I would have to do it.

Having asked that, I hope I'm correct to assume that it is possible to use
zope-3's i18n services in a zope-2.8 via Five...

BTW, has the i18n service in zope3 something like I've seen in
PlacelessTranslationServices, that would assist in collecting untranslated
strings on the fly (PTS can append those strings to .missing files and/or
present those strings via ZMI)?

Thanks,

Sascha