[Zope] Re: How can I make class variables store in the zodb??

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Tue Apr 26 05:01:54 EDT 2005

Stephen How wrote:
[...]
> Originally, I wanted to use a lot of class variables, as this was my
> perspective from plain-old python.  However, I've learned that I really
> want to put everything possible into the schema, as it makes the AT
> future proof, and more robust.  It automatically creates accessors and
> mutators for these fields as well, which is preferred programming
> style.  I typically just change the visibility attributes of the field
> for privacy, and style in base_view.  However, I don't think there's a
> FieldType for a dictionary or array, so I use plain-old class variables
> for them.

There is the RecordField (for handling dicts) and
RecordsField (for handling lists of dicts) available
from ATExtensions

      http://www.neuroinf.de/LabTools/ATExtensions-0_5.tgz

Raphael

PS: Does anyone know how to move a project from
one svn repository (our own) to another one
(svn.plone.org) without loosing history?
Then I could move it there.