[Zope] Re: Refcounts, ZODB Cache and memory leaks?

Peter Bengtsson mail at peterbe.com
Tue Apr 26 13:00:30 EDT 2005

Dylan Jay <me <at> dylanjay.com> writes:

> If anyone has experience with finding these kind of rouge references I'd
> really appreciate any tips.

I have no idea how to patch tings with LeakFinder to find your problems because
LeakFinder, albeit a great piece of code, attempts an incredibly difficult task.
Most likely, your memory leaks is due to an assignment of really large lists on
complex objects (eg. more complex than strings or numbers).

Look for any constructs where you extract large lists and do operations on them.
Once you have, if you ever, contain these, return to the mailing list and we can
try to solve it together.