[Zope] problems rendering objects stored in the local file system

Dennis Allison allison at shasta.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 27 22:57:59 EDT 2005

I am having trouble figuring out how to get Zope to access and render
html and images files properly in the following context:

In the local file system (that is, the Linux file system to be explicit) I
have a collection of directories each containing an index.html file
consisting of HTML and a collection of image files (*.jpg, *.gif, *.swf)
referenced by the HTML.  From a DTML object in the ZODB, I want to render
the index.html and have it properly access the local image files.
Calling the file "index.html" may be a bad name choice because it may be
interpreted especially. In fact, what I really would like to be able to do
is to reference all files relatively and allow internal directories and
the like.  We've been using the LocalFS product, mostly with great
success, but this has got me stumped.

Any suggestions? hints? pointers?

--
Dennis Allison * Computer Systems Laboratory * Gates 227
               * Stanford University *  Stanford CA  94305
	       * allison at shasta.stanford.edu
	       * allison at sumeru.stanford.edu