[Zope] Generating and Downloading PDF.

Fernando Lujan flujan at uol.com.br
Thu Apr 28 15:37:40 EDT 2005

J Cameron Cooper wrote:

  > It's easier to guess when you say what the problem is.
>
> I do see some funny indentation down at the bottom.

OK, it's happen because I paste the code inside a html message, than
it's happen.

The following code is working. But I still have a problem. The browser (
firefox ) don't reconize the generated document as a PDF.

I'm calling this external method through a <dtml-var "gerar_tce_pdf()">
tag, inside a DTML DOCUMENT.

def gerarTCE(self):

    	from reportlab.pdfgen import canvas
	import string
	import os

	c = canvas.Canvas("hello.pdf")
	c.drawString(100,100,"Hello World")
	c.showPage()
	c.save()

	arquivo = open("hello.pdf").read()
	R = self.REQUEST.RESPONSE
	R.setHeader('content-type', 'application/pdf')
	R.setHeader('content-length', str(len(arquivo)))
	R.write(arquivo)

Thanks for helping... :)

Fernando Lujan