[Zope] Exporting Plone objects to Zope CMF

Kanealii, Priam Mr KRS Priam.Kanealii at kls.usaka.smdc.army.mil
Fri Apr 29 17:28:15 EDT 2005

Dear Zope-list,

Running with Zope 2.7.5 Plone 2.0.5..

What "nice" method exists, if any, to export CMF-ish things like
documents, events, and news items from Plone to ZopeCMF? (Or, what
search terms may have escaped me?)

Ideally, I'd like to be able to export folders in Plone and import
them to Zope CMF such that Plone-ized CMF items were magically
de-Ploned (and allow for sufficiently Plone-ized things to remain
broken). Unfortunately, importing folders or most other objects
raises a Copy Error::

    "Object *broken* does not support this operation."

I'm just wondering if there are options to porting content by hand
..which will be less than a day's work in this case (we're just
getting started). In absence of a nice method, I'm curious what
methods others may have applied in a similar situation.

Mahalo,
Priam