[Zope] Help.. I accidentally deleted admin at the root acl_users

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Sat Apr 30 08:21:10 EDT 2005

u1207440 wrote:
> Help.. I accidentally deleted admin at the root acl_users
>
> I try to create the emergency and inituser using zpasswd.py
>
> but when I try to get into ZMI by http://localhost:8080/manage, all zope pass back to me is
>
> You are not authorized to access this resource.
> Username and password are not correct.
>
> can someone tell me the exact step I have to do. From first to Last. I'm really need to get this fix before Monday. This site I constructed with zope was suppose to be up on Sunday. Now its not going to happen, I hope I could get it up on Monday.

This can really be gotten from Zope/docs/SECURITY.txt or
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Security.stx
or many other places...

cd SOFTWARE_HOME/bin
python zpasswd.py access
# follow the prompts
mv access INSTANCE_HOME
cd INSTANCE_HOME
./bin/zopectl restart
# login and fix your userfolder
# logout, delete access

and you're done. If it doesn't work with the access file in the instance
dir, put it in the var subdir, though I'm pretty sure I'm right.

		--jcc