[Zope] rendering the contents of ..

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 13:38:04 EDT 2005

I am looking at a couple way of producing a qotd solution.

one way is to put quotes in a folder. Then use objectvalues on the
folder  and randomly select one of the items. I get get the objectid.
but I don't know what I use to get the 'content' of the object.. what
is the method to get the 'rendered' and unrendered content of an
object.

In this case I'm using objects of type file (setting content type to
text/plain) (ofcourse the content is plain text)

I may find the using a zpt, html, or stx object will work better. I'm
hoping there is a method to get either a rendered view of the file,
(if zope knows how to render it) or unrendered, and I'll worry about
rendering it elsewhere.

--
David Bear
What's the difference between private knowledge and public knowledge?