[Zope] Beginners Confusion

Eric Banford efb13 at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 1 22:32:36 EST 2005

At 07:46 AM 12/2/2005 +1100, Russell Winter wrote:
>I would like to have each user having, either,  their own Zope Server
>binaries (including CMF & Plone) in their home directories.
>
>Alternatively, as multiple Zope Servers on one machine will be quite a
>resource eater, (probably 20 main users) is it possible to have just one
>Zope Server and multiple instances of the database/CMF/Plone for the
>users? All user instances and content including the database entries would
>need to be accounted for in and installed in their own home directories to
>allow us to control and manage each user or groups bandwidth and quota's
>etc etc.

Hi Russ,
You didn't mention platform, but conceptually this windows tutorial may
help with your solution regardless of your platform. I set up something
similar to his suggestion, running multiple instance of Plone on the same
Zope service, so that each instance of Plone can have their own Products
directory. This was initially done because CMFBoard wouldn't run with
PloneArticle, but we are finding it nice to have different instances for
various web site groupings.

Anyway, here is the tutorial:
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/multiple-plone-instances-windows/

Hope it helps, if you have more questions, please let me know.
Eric