[Zope] Hooks for methods other than GET/POST on port 80?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 04:36:35 EST 2005

(please keep the list CC'ed in)

Roman Susi wrote:
>> What do you mean by freezes? how did you cause this to happen?
>
> Surely, this is not only a bug but a security issue leading to DOS
> attack, IMHO.

Well, it's a pretty weird use case from what I can see...

>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/logging/__init__.py", line 674, in emit
>>>     msg = self.format(record)
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/logging/__init__.py", line 567, in
>>> format
>>>     return fmt.format(record)
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/logging/__init__.py", line 369, in
>>> format
>>>     s = s + self.formatException(record.exc_info)
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/logging/__init__.py", line 342, in
>>> formatException
>>>     traceback.print_exception(ei[0], ei[1], ei[2], None, sio)
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/traceback.py", line 123, in
>>> print_exception
>>>     print_tb(tb, limit, file)
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/traceback.py", line 68, in print_tb
>>>     line = linecache.getline(filename, lineno)
>>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/linecache.py", line 14, in getline
>>>     lines = getlines(filename)
>>> RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded
>>
>> We need more of the traceback, there is no repeating part here so it's
>> impossible to see what's causing the infinite recursion...
>>
> I am not sure how to get the whole traceback...

Well, where did you see the above?

> Chris, could you put this into Zope issue tracker (with security tick as
> I do not want to make this info public right now)?
> (I've tried but I do not have an account there..)

No, there's nothing stopping you registering at zope.org and doing this
yourself. Furhtermore, I'd guess this is likely a bug in your code and
nothing to do with Zope ;-)
(of course, I could be wrong on that, but I haven't seen any evidence yet)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk