[Zope] Saving a Rendered DTML Document

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Dec 7 10:45:59 EST 2005

--On 7. Dezember 2005 10:40:04 -0500 Asad Habib <ahabib at engin.umich.edu>
wrote:

> Hi. I have never used ZPT before, but from what I read, it seems like I
> can include the contents of a rendered DTML document (i.e. HTML only) in
> a Page Template by using <tal:content>. Am I correct? Also, if you could
> point me to an example, that would help. Thanks.

You are missing the basis of Zope. Any Zope object that provides an API to
generate content (HTML/plain text or whatever) can be called from a
PyScript, from ZPT, from DTML. You just have to call the object method. The
content returned from the object is then inserted into the output stream.
And tal:content would be the way to take an object and call one of its
exposed methods to produce *something*.  Everything else is documented in
three chapters of the Zope Book.

-aj