[Zope] Re: zdsock

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Thu Dec 8 08:07:10 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 09:13:00AM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Tres Seaver wrote:
> >>Ah, okay. How does this work on windows?
> >

> > zdaemon / zopectl *don't* work on windows.
>
> oh, my OS is broken *schniff*

Are you saying that Zope cannot be restarted through ZMI on Windows?

> >>What's wrong with the default name?
> >
> > Th the original poster's case, his OS requires that Unix-domain sockets
> > have mangled names.
>
> ...and so is his ;-)

At the moment, the problem is being able to provide an alternative socket
name via a command line parameter which is a feature that is supposed to
be already provided by zdctl, but no one seems to know how it works, so I
have no way of knowing whether it can be made to work on my OS or not.

--
John