[Zope] about mouse interactions..

Jonathan Cyr cyrj at cyr.info
Tue Dec 13 16:16:54 EST 2005

For Instant access to JavaScript resources, I've used the pay Safari
online book service at O'Reilly, they have up-to-date Javascript titles,
and maybe some AJAX (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) titles as well.

The specific functionality that you mentioned is very difficult, drag
selection, drag and drop, and target behavior.  Multiplied by the number
of supported browsers.... Heavy duty client-side AJAX or Flash, I would
think.... and an awful lot of bleeding edge browser coaxing.  And when
that's done, then have it talk to Zope.

Either way, you won't get those answers here.  Find a Advanced
Javascript or AJAX list for best results.

Good Luck,

Jon Cyr

Ref: http://safari.ora.com

Jonathan wrote:

> You seem to be mixing together client-side activity ('mouse
> selection') and server-side activity ('query the zodb'?). You will
> need to separate these two activities:  use javascript for the client
> side and build a normal form-based request which is then submitted to
> a zope method (dtml/script/external method) which processes the fields
> from the form request and returns some object(s)? from the zodb.
>
> hth
>
> Jonathan

Jonathan Cyr
http://www.cyr.info