[Zope] Zope 2.8.4+Latest cygwin installation

Pascal Peregrina Pperegrina at Lastminute.com
Thu Dec 15 06:24:58 EST 2005

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has been able to compile and run Zope
2.8.4 with Cygwin.

I just installed cygwin with latest stable packages.

I compiled python 2.4.2 (I know, not the supported version, so I am
about to try 2.3.5 now)
I had issues with the socket module, and from google I applied a
workaround that worked fine :
in Modules/socketmodule.c
Change :
#if defined(__sgi) && !defined(INET_ADDRSTRLEN)
#define INET_ADDRSTRLEN 16
#endif
To :
/*#if defined(__sgi) && !defined(INET_ADDRSTRLEN)*/
#define INET_ADDRSTRLEN 16
/*#endif*/

I made several python tests and all looks fine.

Then I compiled Zope 2.8.4 without any issue.

But when I run it, I get this error:

Site Error

exceptions.TypeError

Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 187, in publish_module_standard
Module Products.Localizer, line 58, in new_publish
Module Zope2.App.startup, line 174, in zpublisher_exception_hook
Module App.ZApplication, line 60, in __bobo_traverse__
Module UserDict, line 17, in __getitem__
Module ZODB.Connection, line 704, in setstate
Module ZODB.Connection, line 760, in _setstate
Module ZODB.serialize, line 495, in setGhostState
Module ZODB.serialize, line 488, in getState
Module ZODB.serialize, line 436, in _persistent_load
Module ZODB.Connection, line 208, in get
Module ZODB.serialize, line 482, in getGhost
TypeError: Acquirer.__new__(Application) is not safe, use
Persistence.Persistent.__new__()

Does anyone know what I can do ?

Thanks a lot.

Pascal