[Zope] zyncer 0.7.0?

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 17 22:58:01 EST 2005

Alan Milligan wrote:

>David H wrote:
>

>>Hi List,
>>
>>I downloaded  zsyncer-0.7.0  and am having problems.  Its not working
>>for me and it no longer displays prompts for destination password and
>>user name when clicking its <edit> tab.   Anyone else seeing this?
>>

>You need to use extended url auth syntax:
>http://username:password@your.domain.com/bla ...
>
>This is because we can have multiple targets all with different
>passwords ...
>
>Alan

Alan,

Thanks for your response.  Apparently my <zope-instance>bin/zopectl stop
/ restart sequence was not working on my remote (zettai) instance.
I had to do a shutdown from the control panel and *then* a bin/zopectl
start worked just fine - and zyncer came up as it should. The install of
zsyncer 0.7.0 on my *localr* system was fine - hence the disconnect in
what I was seeing ...

David