[Zope] zope and LDAP for authorisation

Einar Næss Jensen einar.nass.jensen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 09:30:16 EST 2005

On 12/12/05, Marinussen, M.J. (Ria) <M.J.Marinussen at ewi.utwente.nl> wrote:

> I've checked out LDAPUserFolder but that's not what I'm looking for (I
> think...).

Yes it is. It works very well with ldap/AD
The size/len error you get is probably becaouse you have  given wrong
settings (wrong id to check against?), but could also be due to the fact
that the  AD server will only pass on 1000(?) entries per default.
If you change the settings in your AD to allow for sending the full list of
users, you error might go away (as  I recall from my own problems with AD).

Stuff to read:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271088

more spesifc:
you have to change the setting:
MaxPageSize 1000
MaxPageSize [at least as many entries as you have in your AD, pluss some
extras in case you get many more new users]

I do not know how much this will stress your webserver (or your AD-servers),
but we are running a five year old pentium III with 2GB ram and 4GB
Data.fsand and quite a load without seeing any problems.

You probably sorted things out now by the time it took me to write this.

Best Regards,
Einar Næss Jensen

--
Einar Næss Jensen