[Zope] ZSQL with different user

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Dec 19 09:45:36 EST 2005

--On 19. Dezember 2005 15:32:46 +0100 Pier Luigi Fiorini
<pierluigi.fiorini at yacme.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm developing a Zope application that uses a PostgreSQL connection and
> several ZSQL objects.
> People should log in using a Postgres user and ZSQL object should be
> executed  by the user that's logged in. Multiple people can be logged at
> the same time. Unfortunately it is not possible because the same Postgres
> connection is used  by all the ZSQL object. Is there a way to change the
> user executing a ZSQL  query?

The short version: forget it. DA connections are tied to a particular user.
Connections are persistent and shared across threads and requests. You
really don't want to connect/re-connect for every request and user. You
would have to implement your own connection management including connection
pooling *somehow*.

-aj