[Zope] optimising Zope startup time (was: when can a product be refreshed?)

Hoang-Vu PHUNG hvu_phung at yahoo.fr
Thu Feb 3 13:56:57 EST 2005

For me, refresh is a good feature so the other
applications don't stop to serve. Often you have to
change minor stuff - a CSS file for example or one/two
line in the scrypt.

Otherwise, 'zopectl restart' is much more convenient
IMHO. isn't it ?.

I remark that if I have created by hand a new product
then there is no way to refresh the products list
(whilst the other application servers eg. tomcat /
jboss do this).

Cheers

 --- martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> a écrit :
> also sprach Tres Seaver <tseaver at zope.com>
> [2005.02.03.1736 +0100]:
> > I don't even know what the big deal is about
> refresh anyway.
> > I just run the 'zopect' shell in a terminal, using
> its 'fg'
> > command, and hit '<Ctrl-C><Up><Enter>' to do a
> restart;  it takes
> > maybe 5 seconds to restart, and I *never* have to
> worry about
> > chasing down weird
> reload-semantics-in-python-are-borked
> > artifacts.
>
> That works, of course. However, here the Zope start
> sequence is
> between 10 and 30 seconds, without any errors or the
> like. Can
> I make this faster?
>
> --
> martin;              (greetings from the heart of
> the sun.)
>   \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"
> net at madduck
>
> invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as
> keyserver!
> spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net
>
> "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing
>  sound they make as they fly by."
>
>  -- douglas adams
>

> ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature
name=signature.asc