[Zope] Re: installing PIF in win32 zope

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:15:55 EST 2005

Hi Ian,

> My main problem has been the step:
> - Install PIL in Windows from binaries (site mentioned above).
> which the PIL binary will not do because the installer says it can not
> find a python in the win registry, (apparently the python installed with
> the zope binaries is not 'registered' with windows by zope).  The
> installer does not allow path override (nor would i know where to put it).
See my earlier reply on this thread. There I said exactly what you're
saying here. You have to install python or fake the windows registry to
be able to install PIL. (See my reply for details on how to do it)

> I can use winzip to unpack the .exe but I have no idea what goes where
> (and whether it would work)
> Winzip shows 71 files, mostly .py with a few .pyd with a destination
> path of platlib/pil/  but I don't know where to extract it to.
Why are you trying to unpack it with winzip? Just double clicking on it
will install PIL.

Regards,
Josef