[Zope] None Object and None String

Andy Dustman farcepest at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 19:11:56 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:59:11 -0500 (EST), Asad Habib
<ahabib at engin.umich.edu> wrote:
> I figured out that this conversion from object to str takes place inside the
> <dtml-sqlvar> tag used in this Z SQL method. The <dtml-sqlvar> tag
> converts the None object to a string because I am calling it with a type
> attribute set to the value 'string' (i.e. <dtml-sqlvar name="test"
> type="string">).

In that case, you probably need to add the optional keyword to your
<dtml-sqlvar> tag, and maybe use type="nb" as well (depends on your
application).

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/ZSQL-HTML/ZSQL.1.5.2.html

--
Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.

Using GMail? Setting Reply-to address to <> disables this annoying feature.