[Zope] Using ZEO for remote access

Etienne Labuschagne elabuschagne at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 14:15:57 EST 2005

I want to use Zope as an application server and was thinking to
connect to Zope from the clients, by using ZEO.

This will give me remote access to the objects in a more powerfull way
than using XML-RPC.

I have tried the following code to get a connection to a running ZEO
instance (the setup works, as a Zope Instance can connect to the ZEO
server):

from ZEO.ClientStorage import ClientStorage
cs = ClientStorage([('localhost', 9999)])

The code blocks at the creation of the ClientStorage and never
returns.  Am I on the right path, or is there a better way to connect
to a running ZEO instance from Python code?

Thanks
Etienne