[Zope] Ape and Zope 2.7.x

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Wed Feb 23 11:49:24 EST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to install Ape on my Windows XP box. I use Zope 2.7 (2.7.0 I
think it is) and Ape 1.0, with Instance Homes. Before attempting to
install Ape, I made sure that the Zope install and the instance home worked.

After putting Ape in the $INSTANCE/Products folder, adding the FS-mapper
configuration part from components.xml to zope.conf:

%import Products.Ape
<ape-db fs>
   <ape-storage>
     mapper-variation filesystem
     <ape-fs-connection fs>
       basepath $INSTANCE/var/myfs
     </ape-fs-connection>
   </ape-storage>
   mount-point /fs
   scan-interval 10
</ape-db>

and then I try to restart Zope, but get the following error:

Error: could not load package Products.Ape: No module named Ape
For help, use C:\Program Files\Plone
2\Zope\lib\python\Zope\Startup\run.py -h

so, apparently it can't find the Products folder or the Ape module in it.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

Thanks,

/dario

"...and click? damn, I need to kill -9 Word again..." - b using macosx