[Zope] SimpleUserFolder

jamie at textmatters.com jamie at textmatters.com
Thu Feb 24 11:28:26 EST 2005

In the documentation for SimpleUserFolder, it says

   def addUser(name, password, roles)

    This adds a user. It should raise an exception
    if the user already exists.

What should it do if the user can't be added for any other reason? Any
exception that I raise returns the error "user already exists" to the
user, but the user doesn't already exist, I just don't want to allow him
to be created. Surely I should be able to return different exceptions to
give different reasons to the user as to why a new user cannot be created.

Robert Munro