[Zope] Re: searching in different servers

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Thu Jan 6 10:00:33 EST 2005

osmarmantovani at globo.com wrote:

> I read your answer to the question "how to query multiple catalogs using
> search button?" at mail.zope.org and I would like to ask you another one...
> Is it possible to search the catalogs in different plone servers?

Sorry for the delayed response.  I would recommend asking / CC'ing the
list, so that you get the benefit of the whole community's experience.
I have CC'ed the list.

WRT to your question:  I don't know of any off-the-shelf way to do what
you ask.  We have built solutions for such problems based around
syndicating RSS from "spoke" sites to a "hub" site, but the software
isn't part of any freely-available offering.

Mike Pelletier has an RDF-based product which might be of interest:

   http://zemantic.org/

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com