[Zope] Zope xmlrpc crashes without traceback

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jan 13 16:05:43 EST 2005

Herman Geldenhhuys wrote at 2005-1-11 15:33 +0000:
>We are using a javascript xmlrpc(VCXMLRPC.js) library to essentially
>communicate with zope to retreive and display records in a browser.
>After a while, Zope just crashes without warning or any traceback of
>what caused the problem. It completely dies.

Would you use a Unix flavour, I could tell you how you can
get some information. But, I know little about Windows...

Apparently, your Zope crashed. This usually happens in
an C extension (memory corruption, bad pointer, range overflow, ...).
Under Unix, I would attach Zope with a debugger and the
debugger would get activated when the fatal event occurs.

Maybe, Windows, too lets you run Zope in a C level debugger
that gets control in case of fatal events ?

--
Dieter