[Zope] kinterbasdbDA Open Connection

Ashley ashleylloyd at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 14 04:26:59 EST 2005

Apologies if this has been answered previously - I have seen some similar
posts from years ago, but could not find any solutions.

I have defined a K Interbase Database Connection in my ZMI. Everything
appears fine until I attempt to open the connection using the "Status" page
in the ZMI. At this point, I get a standard "page not found" screen. This is
not a Zope error page, just a standard IE "HTTP 400 - Bad Request" page,
which of course gives me no useful information. It appears from the form on
the previous page that the page that is being called is
"manage_open_connection".

If I attempt to change connection properties using the "Properties" page,
then as long as "Connect Immediately" is not checked, then everything is ok,
and the changes are saved. If it is checked, then I get the same error page.
The page that is being called from here appears to be "manage_edit".

The Zope version is actually from a Plone 2.0.5 installation (this is not
taking place inside the Plone instance, hence posting here), Plone
Controller 0.3, Python 2.3.3 on win32.

I cannot find anthing including "manage_open_connection" in the kinterbase
folders, but from a previous post I guess it is aiming for the function in
"Plone\Zope\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\Connection.py". What I don't have any
idea about is why it isn't working, and what I can do about it.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

Ashley