[Zope] Memory and Large Zope Page Templates

Santi Camps scamps at earcon.com
Fri Jan 14 13:34:07 EST 2005

En/na Marco Bizzarri ha escrit:

> If you look at Zope-dev, there have been some discussion regarding
> leaks and memory management.
>
> IIRC, I think that once the size of your process increases, it won't
> shrink... however, this does not mean that it will not reuse the same
> memory again...

Dou you know if this is a python behaviour ?  Or a generic one in
process managements ?

> I mean, if you experience the following, it should be normal:
>
> initial size of Zope -> 30 MB
> you run the report: new size -> 150 MB
> after a while, you run again the report: new size: 150 MB

Yes, that's the situation when the report is executed by the same
thread.  But If some reports are executed at the same time in different
threads, then the memory size is increased again,  aprox to  30Mb + 80Mb
* simultaneous_threads

> if you run again the report, and you end up with a size of 270 MB (150
> + 120) this is a problem.
>
> HTH
>
> Regards
> Marco