[Zope] Python 2.3.3 vs. Python 2.3.4

hpinson at indepthl.com hpinson at indepthl.com
Sat Jan 15 23:42:48 EST 2005

Hi. I am unclear of the benefits of using Python 2.3.4 over Python
2.3.3

Could someone please explain? The reason being is that I am having
trouble upgrading my Fedora Core 1 server getting the 2.3.4 rpm to
install:

rpm -ivh python2.3-2.3.4-3pydotorg.i386.rpm

Results in many errors and will not install.  This is the same method
I used to upgrade the Python version alongside the existing FC1
python.

I have installed and run Zope 2.7.3 for about two months now along
with Python 2.3.3, with no problems that I am aware of (which does
not mean that there are none).

I have now installed Zope 2.7.4, still with Python 2.3.3, and Zope
and Plone 2.0.5 both appear to behave normally.

Am I alright continuing to run Python 2.3.3?  Or is disaster lurking
by not running Python 2.3.4?

TIA

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning