[Zope] Python 2.3.3 vs. Python 2.3.4

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Jan 16 05:10:00 EST 2005

> Could someone please explain? The reason being is that I am having
> trouble upgrading my Fedora Core 1 server getting the 2.3.4 rpm to
> install:
>
> rpm -ivh python2.3-2.3.4-3pydotorg.i386.rpm

Apart from the specific upgrade problems, if you're setting up a
production-quality site it is *plain bad* to use *any* Python provided
by the distribution. Build your own to retain the control you need to
guarantee your site's well-being.

If you just want to play around I suppose you're fine.

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens at zetwork.com
Software Engineer			+49-(0)441-36 18 14 38
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/